Juhannus


 Juhannus

Midsummer's Eve


 In less than a week my family and I will embark on an extended Finnish vacation.  We are going to kick of the vacation by spending midsummer's eve at Vaihela (http://www.vaihela.fi/).  Vaihela is a archipelago seaside hotel located on the southwestern coast of Finland near the city of Turku. 


We will be spending two nights at the hotel and so I have put together some images of a few items that I plan on packing for my seaside visit. This time of year it is typically buggy and can be rainy so I will have to come prepared.  A light water-proof raincoat is always a good idea when traveling to Finland where annual rainfall can be up to 27 inches.  The weather will be cooler than what I am used to living in the mid-west, so I plan on packing lots of layers. 
 

We will be joined by our extending family (my in-laws).  Each family is to bring something to make for the midsummer's eve dinner party.  I think I am going to pack a bottle of real BBQ sauce.  


Like I mentioned, this will be an extended vacation! Please feel free to drop by my blog for updates and some real-life happening in Finland!

Comments

Popular Posts