Tomato Basil Pasta





 Tomato Basil Pasta

Olive oil- drizzle
One medium onion diced
Garlic- to taste (I use two cloves) minced
One 28oz can of San Marzano tomatoes (whole peeled)
One chicken bullion cube (small)
2/3 cup of heavy cream
Honey to taste (I add one generous wooden spoonful)
Basil- an entire small plant, the ones they sell in the produce department. Reserve a little for the garnish is desired.
½ lb of Pasta (farafelle, penne, or spaghetti) prepared according to package directions.


Forgot to include the honey...oops!










Add the olive oil to the pan and bring to heat. Add onions and mince the garlic on top of the onions.  Saute until onion is translucent make sure that the garlic does not burn.  Pour in the can of tomatoes (juice and all) and stir.  Reduce heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes. 


Remove the lid and add the chicken bullion.  When the bullion is dissolved add the honey and the cream and stir to incorporate.  Bring to a boil and then reduce to low. Add the pasta and basil and when it is heated through it is ready. 


Adapted from, “Aloittelevan Amorin Keittokirja”


This Two Tomato Pasta was discovered in a Valio cookbook that my sister-in-law gave me as a gift.  Everything is made with some sort of cream or dairy product, because Valio Oy, the company that published the book, is a dairy company.  Everything that I have made from the book has been delicious and my kids eat it also.  I wish that I had more information about the book I have used is so many times for various recipes that it is missing the back cover.  Sometimes, I use just the recipe for this tomato sauce and turn it into another dish.  Such as a tomato sauce to go on top of chicken or fish.  I have also made this and added hot Italian sausage.  The fennel in the sausage complements the basil nicely. I like to add crushed red pepper flakes to my bowl to give it some heat.  Once you’ve made this recipe a couple of time you’ll see how easy it is to manipulate!  This recipe is really easy to make and tastes fantastic! 







Comments

Popular Posts